Tuesday 17 May 2011

Tortelloni Pesto Salad

Hi Dolls, Today is my first healthy meal post! I have been a very good girl and went for a run on my treadmill when I got in from work, had a nice shower and then cooked this very simple and quick dinner. Here's what you need...

Tesco cheese, tomato & basil tortelloni (doesn't have to be tesco)
Lettuce
Mixed salad leaves (optional)
Lemon
Pine nuts
Pesto
Olive oil
Balsamic vinegar
Low fat cheese

Start by adding the tortelloni to boiling water, They only need to boil for about 2-3 minutes! Once they're done, drain the water and leave them in the pan.



While it's boiling you can chop your lettuce, I recommend lettuce as it adds a bit of crunch! Today I added some mixed salad too. Add the salad to your bowl/plate then add a dribble of olive oil and lemon.


Once you have drained the water you can add the pesto (a little more than a tea spoon might be enough) pine nuts and a little more olive oil, mix together.


Add the tortelloni to your salad, sprinkle with your low fat cheese and add a small drizzle of balsamic vinegar.



ET voila! A quick & healthy dinner for two!

Tomorrow I'm making whomeal pitta pizza! Never done it before so here's hoping it tastes nice!

Let me know if you give this a go :)











4 comments:

  1. This looks soo good! I love salads so I'm definitely going to try this! Thanks for the recipe! (: x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Alicia- Yey! Glad you like it! Let me know how it goes :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this dish, thanks for sharing your recipe!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete