Saturday 4 June 2011

Pitta Pizza

Hi Dolls, Apologies for the lack of posts recently...I have been super busy but while I have a spare minute I thought I'd share my healthy pitta pizza recipe!

You will need-
Low fat/wholemeal pitta bread
Chicken (or your choice of meat topping)
Pizza sauce
Tomato's
Peppers
Low fat cheese
Shallots (I prefer these but you can use regular onions)
Italian herb seasoning
Salt & pepper (optional)

Start by chopping up the veggies


Cut the chicken into small cubes and pan fry until white, I added a tiny bit of olive oil


Add the chopped vegetables, Italian seasoning and salt & pepper, fry for further 5 minutes


Add the pizza sauce to pitta bread leaving about half an inch around the edge for crust


Grate the low fat cheese and sprinkle all over the pitta, then add the topping evenly


Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes at 200c or remove when golden brown


Yummy...



This is a great recipe for Summer, a simple salad would go great with this and it takes no time at all to make, they are very filling! I could only eat one!


Let me know if you try it :)














3 comments:

  1. I make these all the time! So quick and easy to do, plus I love how one is a great serving per person! I normally don't add cheese though as I hate pizza with cheese on (odd I know haha!) Great post! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, they look delish! :D

    xx

    ReplyDelete